Coloured asphalt for exclusive wedding and event venue
North Berwick, East Lothian
Event venue and golf club
This exclusive wedding and event venue needed new paving for its driveway and entrance. The existing loose gravel surface was in poor condition and required lots of ongoing maintenance. The chosen surface would need to provide a safe all weather surface for guests and vehicle traffic, while complementing the historic character of the 17th century, Grade 1 listed mansion house. Due to existing event commitments, work would need to be completed quickly, within the allocated time window of a few weeks in November. This would include removal of the existing loose aggregate and some regulation of the asphalt receiving course.
Following a pre-start meeting, with the contractor and estate management client to discuss colour options and product performance capabilities, 6mm ULTICOLOUR coloured asphalt in a light buff colour was selected. ULTICOLOUR asphalt offered the highly durable and low maintenance finish that the client was looking for. It could also be installed quickly over 3 days which would allow the programme to be finished within the allocated time. Through early engagement with the estate and contractor, work could be carefully planned. As it was the first time that the contractor had laid ULTICOLOUR, technical support was provided throughout the project. As planned, 153 tonnes of ULTICOLOUR 6mm light buff asphalt was then supplied and laid by the contractor.
Results and benefits
The client received a surface with the durability, low maintenance and safe all-weather characteristics that they required, but also one that completely transformed the aesthetics of the house. The light buff colour complemented the architecture but also provided a sharp, modern look. “Both the early engagement and service received by Tarmac throughout this contract was excellent. This was the first time ECR had used coloured asphalt and were very keen to leave the best possible finish, to enhance this historic building. The quality of the material and technical support received during the surfacing works was great. I am keen for ECR to get involved in more projects like this and happy to continue working with Tarmac in the future.” Mark Philben, ECR Surfacing Managing Director.
ULTICOLOUR has a 20 year track record of performance in the UK.
With a distinctive light buff colour, ULTICOLOUR complemented the appearance of this 17th Century House.
Using ULTICOLOUR allowed work to be completed in just three days, minimising disruption to clients.
ULTICOLOUR case studies
- Ulticolour cycle way Ulticolour, A34 Cycleway, Birmingham
- ULTICOLOUR Ulticolour improves demarcation and pedestrian safety outside primary school
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured asphalt for exclusive wedding and event venue
- Highway Services Stockport Highway Investment Programme
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured asphalt for busy adventure park
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured asphalt for retail park
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured estate road surface for traditional housing development
- ULTICOLOUR POROUS Coloured sports pitch for secondary school
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured car park surface for a modern housing development
- ULTICOLOUR Colourful visitor footpaths for a busy leisure park
- ULTICOLOUR Decorative coastal footpath for nature reserve
- ULTICOLOUR Decorative coloured asphalt for woodland footpath
- ULTICOLOUR Decorative coloured asphalt for busy tourist venue
- ULTICOLOR Decorative coloured surface for a coastal promenade
- ULTICOLOUR Long lasting, coloured asphalt bus lane