Coloured estate road surface for traditional housing development
Highwood Horsham, West Sussex
Berkley Homes required a visually appealing surface for a new estate road on their prestigious housing development at Highwood in Horsham. The new surface would need to help attract potential home buyers and complement the classic design and fine detailing of the houses in this development. It would also need to blend with the setting that adjoined the natural green space of Boldings Brook. The surface would be used daily by residents to access their homes. It would need to be durable, maintenance free and able to resist the abrasive forces of vehicles manoeuvring with power steering.
ULTICOLOUR was chosen for the surface in a Buff Quartzite colour with 10mm aggregate. ULTICOLOUR is a range of coloured asphalts that use a high-performance clear binder along with colour matched aggregates and pigments. This offers far brighter and more varied colours than conventional coloured asphalts. ULTICOLOUR asphalts also deliver proven durability, having been used in the UK for over 20 years. They are only available for installation by accredited contractors who have full access to Tarmac’s training, advice and technical support. To ensure the best possible surface finish, Tarmac also offers a dedicated ULTICOLOUR paver for accredited contractors to hire. The paver is used purely for the installation of buff and natural shades, eliminating any risk of colour contamination for the best possible finish.
Results and benefits
As planned, 52 tonnes of 10mm Buff Quartzite was supplied to the site and laid with the ULTICOLOUR paver. Work was completed in less than four hours, well within the allocated programme time. This meant minimal disruption on the site for the house builder and associated trades. Drivepoint, the nominated surfacing contractor, received training and accreditation before work started, so they were able to achieve a high-quality finish. Using ULTICOLOUR in a buff colour offered a classic appearance, with minimal future maintenance requirement. The client was delighted with the finish and the fast, efficient way that the work was completed.
Learn more about ULTICOLOUR Download case study
Offered a more traditional appearance than conventional black asphalt.
ULTICOLOUR has a 20 year track record of performance in the UK.
Completed in just four hours, with minimal disruption to workers on site.
ULTICOLOUR case studies
- Ulticolour cycle way Ulticolour, A34 Cycleway, Birmingham
- ULTICOLOUR Ulticolour improves demarcation and pedestrian safety outside primary school
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured asphalt for exclusive wedding and event venue
- Highway Services Stockport Highway Investment Programme
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured asphalt for busy adventure park
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured asphalt for retail park
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured estate road surface for traditional housing development
- ULTICOLOUR POROUS Coloured sports pitch for secondary school
- ULTICOLOUR Coloured car park surface for a modern housing development
- ULTICOLOUR Colourful visitor footpaths for a busy leisure park
- ULTICOLOUR Decorative coastal footpath for nature reserve
- ULTICOLOUR Decorative coloured asphalt for woodland footpath
- ULTICOLOUR Decorative coloured asphalt for busy tourist venue
- ULTICOLOR Decorative coloured surface for a coastal promenade
- ULTICOLOUR Lasting durability: 18 years of service on a busy bus route