Flowing and spreadable concrete for residential housing
Ground Developments Ltd
Ground Developments found themselves digging 3.5m3 below ground level to overcome the poor ground conditions on this site. Previously, they had stabilised the ground using the stabilisation arm of their company but due to the site being extremely tight, when doing the stabilisation works, they could not carry out any other works on site due to the limited access. This mass foundation was being poured at 800mm depth, which meant that no-one could enter the trench to move the concrete.
To meet the challenge Tarmac proposed the use of TOPFLOW TRENCHFLOW which would move and flow around the foundation walls, minimising the need for any site staff to be in contact with the concrete, which would have obvious health & safety benefits. The TOPFLOW TRENCHFLOW could be discharged directly from the truck, finding its way around the foundation whilst requiring no vibration.
Results and benefits
The end result was really surprising to our customer as the TOPFLOW TRENCHFLOW flowed around the entirety of the foundation footprint from only two discharge points. With the trucks being completely discharged within two minutes each, this also eased the site’s vehicle management plan. It also meant that the 28m3 pour was finished extremely quickly without the need to use their 40T excavator.
Learn more about TOPFLOW Download case study
Self compacting concrete
Topflow Trenchflow is a self compacting that is ideal for use in all mass fill concrete foundation applications.
Highly fluid form
Delivered in highly fluid form with high deformability, Topflow Trenchflow allows quick changes of direction and easy flow around the foundation trench.
Minimises costs and time
Topflow Trenchflow reduces labour overheads requiring only one person to place, level and finish.
Flowing and spreadable concrete for residential housing contact
TOPFLOW case studies
- TOPFLOW Reinforced concrete for school buildings
- TOPFLOW Fibres added onsite to concrete for flooring solution
- TOPFLOW Cost effective concrete for motorways and highways
- TOPFLOW Quick pour concrete for railways
- TOPFLOW Easy and quick pour concrete for housing
- TOPFLOW Large concrete projects for London tall build
- TOPFLOW Flowing and spreadable concrete for residential housing
- TOPFLOW Pumpable concrete for limited access roads
- TOPFLOW Pumpable flowing concrete for railways
- TOPFLOW Flowing and spreadable concrete for flooring
- TOPFLOW Pumpable flowing concrete for silo wall infill
- TOPFLOW Low heat flowing concrete mix for London railway