- Our apprenticeship schemes aren’t just for 16 to 24-year-olds.
We welcome apprentices of all ages here at Tarmac. We also offer many different levels of education, including degree qualifications. If you want to know more about apprenticeship standards and the qualifications required, click here.
- We don’t only lay roads, we do much more!
Our apprenticeships are available across both our operational business and within support function. Roles span IT, finance and HR as well as in materials production, land management and quarrying, to name just a few.
- Grades aren’t everything, but they do help.
Many of our apprenticeships require you to have a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English. If you don’t have the grades don’t worry, we can support you in achieving the qualifications needed. Above all, we want our candidates to demonstrate a real interest in the role they’re applying for.
- You won’t be making the rounds of tea…there will be plenty of hands-on work to do.
Apprentices have real occupations here at Tarmac. Training and development take place both at work and places of study, with our full support along the way. Our apprenticeships last anywhere between one to five years and if successful, usually lead to a permanent role.
- We will still be around to support you, even after completion.
We will be there for you from start to finish, and even after that. We take pride in providing the support needed to develop our employees, at all stages of their careers.
Here are some extra hints and tips for scoring your dream apprenticeship scheme:
- Research the apprenticeship thoroughly – the above should help!
- Have a think about what experiences, hobbies or interests you have and how they could link to the role. How do they match what the employer is looking for?
- Always tailor your application to the apprenticeship you’re going for. Don’t just copy and paste the same application to all apprenticeships, it needs to be specific to the role.
- Spell checking your application is great, but a second pair of eyes is better! Ask a family member or a friend to read over your application for you.
- Sell yourself! Don’t be afraid to get creative. What sets you apart from other candidates? What can you bring that someone else might not?
We’re not being biased, Tarmac really is a great place to develop and grow. Don’t believe us? Hear first-hand from some of our apprentices themselves here.
Still want to know more?
There is a whole section of our website dedicated to helping you find out more about our apprenticeships here.