We offer a wide range of sands from bulk building and packed domestic materials to specialist industrial or landscaping and sporting sands.
What is sand?
Sand is a granular aggregate composed of fine rock and mineral particles. It is a vital construction aggregate essential in the manufacture of concrete. The composition and colour of sand varies, depending on the local rock sources and conditions. The most common constituent of sand in inland continental settings is silica. The second most common type of sand is calcium carbonate.
Tarmac's specialist sands
We also offer a range of building and packed domestic sand available in bulk load or bagged.
- Silica Sands
- Topsport Equisand
- Play Sand Building Aggregate
- Weed Free Paving Sand Long lasting weed suppression
- Plastering Sand Building Aggregate
- Kiln Dried Sand Building Aggregate
- Concreting Sharp Sand A coarse sand used in screeding, block and slab laying
- Building Sand Soft sand suitable for bricklaying