Long lasting colour, frost resistant concrete for heated pools in restoration projects
Pontypridd, South Wales
Rhondda Cynon Taf Council
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Millions of pounds of funding was secured to renovate a Grade II listed lido in Pontypridd. The lido, which had remained derelict since 1991, was given a new lease of life after the local authority clinched the funding required to restore it back to its former glory. As part of the scheme, the existing derelict buildings would be renovated and the Lido bathing area remodeled into three heated pools. The restoration included external covered showers, heated changing facilities and a learning and historical interpretation centre. Tarmac’s client needed a coloured product that was highly durable, easy to place and maintain, available in a range of colours and, most important of all, capable of retaining its colour and beauty.
Tarmac’s solution was to offer the client TOPTINT COLOUR concrete due to it being as simple to lay as conventional concrete and available in an array of colours, patterns and textures. TOPTINT COLOUR contains an integral colour pigment which is UV stable meaning that the colour will not degrade from natural sunlight. Also, because a liquid pigment is used the colour is evenly mixed throughout the concrete. As TOPTINT COLOUR is integral to the mix it is a long lasting and frost-resistant solution, requiring little on-going maintenance and therefore making it a more sustainable long term solution.
Results and benefits
200m3 of TOPTINT COLOUR was supplied to this project in total - a product that was highly durable, easy to lay and came in a wide range of colours and finishes. This met all of the customer’s needs and requirements for the project.
Learn more about TOPTINT COLOUR Download case study
Choices of finishes
Toptint coloured concrete is available in an array of colours, helping you to achieve everything from the natural look to highly polished aesthetics and prints simulating the look of brick, wood and stone.
Long lasting colours
Toptint coloured concrete contains an integral colour pigment which is UV stable meaning that the colour will not degrade from natural sunlight. Also, because Toptint uses a liquid pigment, the colour is evenly mixed throughout the concrete.
Toptint coloured concrete is a long lasting and frost resistant solution. It only requires usual cleaning and maintenance making it more sustainable long-term solution.
Long lasting colour, frost resistant concrete for heated pools in restoration projects contact
TOPTINT COLOUR case studies
- TOPFLOW Reinforced concrete for school buildings
- TOPFLOW Fibres added onsite to concrete for flooring solution
- TOPFLOW Cost effective concrete for motorways and highways
- TOPFLOW Quick pour concrete for railways
- TOPFLOW Easy and quick pour concrete for housing
- TOPFLOW Large concrete projects for London tall build
- TOPFLOW Flowing and spreadable concrete for residential housing
- TOPFLOW Pumpable concrete for limited access roads
- TOPFLOW Pumpable flowing concrete for railways
- TOPFLOW Flowing and spreadable concrete for flooring
- TOPFLOW Pumpable flowing concrete for silo wall infill
- TOPFLOW Low heat flowing concrete mix for London railway